Happy New Year lovely clients! A regular reader recently queried ‘Hey Miss Jane, where’s my usual fortnightly motivational fix?’ Guiltily, I confessed that I’d been off the air searching for a new focus in line with the blog’s ideals. A client who knows me well queried ‘This is a fabulous service you deliver, why aren’t you sharing the love on your blog?' Voila! The solution – your focus for 2019? A kick-ass career!
Whether looking to enhance your existing career, considering a total career change or transitioning through redundancy to your next, you’ll have questions. The following are just a few of the many I field on a typical day, how I help in response and what I’ll be sharing over the coming months:
"I hate my job!"
- (Strategies for finding a new one)
- My redundancy left me shattered! Hints for bouncing back
- I don’t know what I want to do next? Identifying options
"What makes me employable?"
- (Finding key strengths)
- I want to enjoy my next job. Aligning cultural preferences, values and needs
- How do I define my personal brand? Determining your uniqueness
What about my resume?
- (Writing a kick-ass targeted resume)
- I’m not on LinkedIn. Creating a fabulous profile
- And cover letters? Cracking the code
"How do I tap into the hidden market?"
- (Sneaking in the back door)
- I’m scared of Networking! Conquering the fear
- I’m not comfortable selling myself! Nailing that elevator pitch
"How do I keep my strategy on track?"
- (Building Action plans)
- I’m nervous about interviewing! Corralling the butterflies
- I love my job, and want to stay. Tips for future proofing
Just a few of the many questions we’ll conquer, any to add? Please drop a line in the comments box.