Listen up gals! A few too many of you have been lamenting the struggles of holding your own in the work environment of late. Cases in point - an Engineer fighting to establish credibility in her typically male-dominated industry, a banking professional consistently denied the opportunity to drive major projects due to her need for parentally driven flexible hours. Both exceptionally qualified, both exhausted, both hemorrhaging confidence.
Bet it's no surprise to you (and them) that some of the world’s most successful people have also braved the same tough road. Suffering the same fate? Well gals, I've sourced a few fantabulous quotes to help you get back to kicking ass - read on:
1. "The Universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if you can find them." - Elizabeth Gilbert - Big Magic
2. “Just because you feel fear doesn’t mean you can’t do it. Do it afraid.” - Joyce Meyer
3. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
4. “Speak your mind even if your voice shakes.” - Maggie Kuhn
5. “I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” - Eric Roth
6. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." - Martin Luther King Jr.
7. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
8. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” - Roald Dahl
9. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” - Henry Ford
10. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” - Oscar Wilde
Feeling better now? Would love to hear your favourites - why not jump into the comments section and share. (Image - Getty Images - Christina Hendricks - Mad Men)